Friday, January 20, 2006

Selling my stuff

So, I was out the other night, and of course, I was rocking my hat and scarf duo. For the record, I am still super geeked that I made something that I can actually wear! Anyway, someone approached me to make them one, and the offered to pay for it.

I didn't know what to say.

Is my stuff good enough to sell yet? I feel like I need a little more experience before I start capitalizing. I mean, God forbid someone ask me to make something that I don't know how to make yet! I might make him one for free to start, and then what kind of response he gets from what I made. You know, word of mouth. I don't know. I'll keep you posted.

Current projects: an ear warmer, two scarves, and a poncho. I'm going to try my hand at cabling on one of these scarves - pictures coming soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger make it real said...

yo torie,
oh my word! first of all, your items are HOT!! it's cool to give complimentary gifts, but if people are willing to pay you, y not? it is your time (although you like to do it) and your money for the yarn. it's hard for me to sell my stuff, but when i think about the time and product, i say okay.

let's talk whoadie!

peace,
kellz

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DQ, you better sell your stuff! Haven't I told you that before? Everyone needs a little extra cash in their pocket. Get it started!

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home