Friday, February 03, 2006

My Favorite Project (of the moment)

Ok, so I've decided to post a picture of what I'm working on. Obviously, it is in the very early stages, but it will eventually be a shrug. The pattern called for a rib stitch - knit 2, purl 2. I mistakenly read the pattern to mean knit 2 rows and purl 2 rows. I considered frogging it, but then I realized that I think I might end up liking it.











I'm using the subject of my new infatuation, Noro Kureyon. I think it will turn out ok. From this picture, you can't even see my wonky ribbing, but it actually looks kind of cool. I'll keep you guys posted on how it comes along. I'm using small needles (which are the bain of my existence - give me a skein of anything that I can use size 13 needles on, and I am in heaven!) so this project may take some time. This will test my patience, but it will be worth it. Below is a pic of what it is supposed to look like. Forgive the flash, I was taking a picture of a picture.



I'm giving myself a goal of February 18th to have this finished. It'll be like a belated Valentine's Day gift to myself.

Other current projects: my mom's poncho, the earwarmer that I frogged and had to start over, and a pair of legwarmers for my sorority sister.

3 Comments:

Blogger lady butta.fly said...

noro kureyon is by far the best yarn on the planet. it's my favorite. the shrug is looking beautiful. i can't wait to see the finished product. have a great weekend.

7:39 PM  
Blogger DramaQueen said...

Thanks lbf! I'll definitely keep you posted; these kinds of projects are hard for me, because if I mess up more than a couple of times, I'll get frustrated and take it all apart!

11:48 AM  
Blogger make it real said...

you are doing ya' thang torie! i hope we will be able to have a yarning session when you get here in a couple of weeks! i hope your needles are on fire!!

holla,
kellz

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home