Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Stuck in Denial

So I'm stuck on one particular project - my tunic. And I'm frustrated. Not just because I can't finish the project on my own...but because I now realize that I may have gotten a little ahead of myself. I've always thought of myself as an "advanced beginner"...but I found myself getting stuck on simple increasing and decreasing. I was so excited about making something I could actually wear in public, that I didn't read the pattern well enough to know that it was a little too advanced for me.


Ah well. You live and you learn. On a lighter note, I've also realized that I can teach myself to do things from books. I taught myself how to purl, cable, increase and decrease from a book. And this week.....*drumroll* I taught myself the Continental style of knitting! Once my hands get used to it, it will probably make my knitting go by a little bit faster. We shall see. My knitting circle is working on a community service project called Warm-up America, where we make tiny caps for newborn babies overseas. And I'm confident that I can do that!

1 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

Hey, don't worry. You could be like me and rush through a garmet and find that you've gained 15 pounds in the process - sucker won't fit no matter how perfectly you finished it.

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home